Special Ceremony to Launch the Miami Dolphins Cycling Challenge
Dignitaries, entertainers, cyclists and cancer survivors from throughout South Florida will hold a special ceremony at 10:30 a.m., Friday, August 19, 2011 at Gate G in Sun Life Stadium in conjunction with the second annual Dolphins Cycling Challenge (DCC). The DCC, a two-day, 170-mile trans-Florida charity cycling event to benefit Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center will take place on November 5-6, 2011.
During the event, the new 2011 DCC ceremonial jersey will be unveiled in honor of Dolphins great Jim “Mad Dog” Mandich. The media availability will also include a photo opportunity with over 40 cyclists and cancer patients throughout South Florida taking part in a ceremonial lap around the perimeter of Sun Life Stadium.
Attendees in this special ceremony will include:
· Television Personality Kim Bokamper
· Sylvester Board of Governors Member and Cancer Survivor Jennifer Stearns Buttrick
· Radio Personality Paul Castronovo
· Miami Dolphins CEO Mike Dee
· Dean of the Miller School of Medicine Dr. Pascal Goldschmidt
· Wife of 2011 Ring of Honor Inductee Jim Mandich, Bonnie Mandich
· Miami Dolphins Vice Chairman/Partner Jorge Perez
· U.S. Senator Marco Rubio
This major community initiative is a collaborative effort between the Miami Dolphins Foundation and the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine with proceeds going to directly to the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. The DCC is actively seeking participants, volunteers and corporate partners. For more information, please visit www.RideDCC.com.