6 Facts About the Grand Opening of Whole Foods Market in Davie, FL
Whole Foods Market in Plantation, FL has officially closed it’s doors after 20 years and has now relocated to Davie, FL!
On Wednesday, February 11, 2015, Whole Foods Market-Davie, 1903 S. University Drive (nw side of university drive and I-595) will celebrate its new 43,595 feet location which is 14,595 square feet more than what it was in Plantation. The opening celebration will begin at 8:45am with a Bread Breaking Ceremony, with doors to open at 9am. The first 500 customers n line on opening day will receive mystery gift cards, valued at $5, $10, $20 or $50, with one card valued at $500.
Being in Davie, FL, Whole Foods Market will cater to a wider number of residents in West Broward County with many new innovations. Here are six facts to know about the new store:
1. The Watering Hole– Davie’s own in-store beer and wine bar will feature 16 beers on tap-including two Kombucha Beer varieties, as well as select specialty food items, including grilled cheese and various charcuterie selections.
2. In addition to the 10 seats available at the Watering Hole, Whole Foods Market Davie has a Community Table with standing room for 20 people and indoor/outdoor cafe’ seating for more than 150 people.
3. The Prepared Foods and Specialty departments will offer a number of items that will be unique to Davie including handmade dim sum, build-your-own Vietnamese pancakes, Hawaiian Poke and Peruvian ceviche bowls, and other Asian-fusion specialties from local vendor Sushi Maki.
- Also available will be the Soup Bar station with its daily selection of 20 varieties, organic salad bar selections, panini/sandwich station and authentic Italian-style pizza.
4. The Coffee/Juice Bar will open daily at 7am with grab-and-go breakfast, perfect for those who are on the run.
5. Other local suppliers will contribute exclusive products to Whole Foods Market including:
- Juicera- Watermelon Fresco and Sunny State
- U RAWK Raw Energy Bars- Coconut Lime
- Versailles Bakery- “The World’s Most Famous Cuban Restaurant” has been a community favorite in Miami, FL.
6. A unique addition will be a selection dedicated to the Whole Kids Foundation. The entire aisle will feature kid-friendly goods from games and activities to Whole Body Kids products.
As with every store, a Healthy Eating Specialist will be on-staff at Davie to help educate customers on making informed decisions about healthy foods, teach cooking classes, give guided store tours and be a resource for the community.
Whole Foods Market Davie will open 8am to 10pm daily and the Coffee/Juice Bar will open at 7am. Follow the store on facebook.com/WholeFoodsMarketDavie and Instagram @WFMDavie.
Check out more photos below…