The 14th Annual Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE takes place February 19-22, 2015, which consists of more than 75 events during the four-day, star-studded gourmet gathering, featuring new parties and talent alongside a noticeable refresh of the Festival’s most signature tastings. As it has since its inception, the Festival benefits the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management’s Wine Spectator Restaurant Management Laboratory and Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center at Florida International University.
The Festival kicks off on Thursday, February 19 with Ronzoni Pasta’s 100th Anniversary Italian Al Fresco Feast on the Beach sponsored by MIAMI magazine hosted by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, a celebration of pasta and all forms of Italian-American cuisine under the Festival’s signature white tents in the sand behind South Beach’s iconic Delano. These same sparkling white sands will be the foundation for the brand new version of the Festival’s treasured celebration of all things grilled, braised and barbecued as Meatopia: The Q Revolution presented by Creekstone Farms hosted by Guy Fieri curated by Josh Ozersky on Saturday, February 21.
The Festival is taking significant strides in 2015 to upgrade its landmark Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village featuring MasterCard Grand Tasting Tents & KitchenAid® Culinary Demonstrations. While enjoying samplings from a seemingly endless variety of restaurants and wine and spirits brands from the Southern Wine & Spirits of Florida portfolio, attendees will notice key advancements to the beachside venue which spans from 10th Street to 13thStreet off Ocean Drive. Changes include more seating and shaded areas, live music and DJs, select ‘park and ride’ offerings (at no additional cost), and the introduction of chef Culinary Captains who will represent cohorts of chefs from various neighborhoods throughout South Florida.
New events taking place throughout the 2015 Festival include:
- Poolside Paella Party hosted by José Andrés
- Tacos After Dark hosted by Aarón Sánchez
- Empanada & Wine Happy Hour
- A rooftop ice cream and chocolate party with Candace Nelson of the Beverly Hills based Sprinkles Cupcakes, who is known for catching the taste buds of celebrities like Oprah Winfrey
- Tribute to the resurgence of tiki culture mixology during a late-night, poolside bartender competition hosted by Emeril Lagasse
- A late-night spiced up soirée centered around Caribbean-jerk hosted by cookbook author, chef and restaurateur Bobby Flay
- Dessert done South Beach-style by modern day Willy Wonka and Cronut™ inventor Dominique Ansel
- Plus an unprecedented series of intimate and unique dinner experiences featuring world-renowned culinary talent!
Fan favorite events such as the Amstel Light Burger Bash presented by Schweid & Sons hosted by Rachael Ray,Fontainebleau Miami Beach presents Wine Spectator’s Best of the Best sponsored by Bank of America & Merrill Lynch, Fun and Fit as a Family featuring Goya Kidz Kitchen, YogArt presents Buddhas and Bellinis, Bank of America Lifestyle Seminars, Wine Spectator Wine Seminars, Goya Foods’ Swine & Wine hosted by Marc Forgione, and more will return, sure to satiate every type of budget and palate.
Loews Miami Beach, the Festival’s host hotel, will again host the annual Tribute Dinner sponsored by Bank of America; part of The New York Times Dinner Series. The 2015 Festival will honor Chef Juan Mari Arzak, the acclaimed pioneer of Basque cuisine, and Ted Baseler, president and CEO of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates.