IKEA Miami Continues Grand Opening Celebrations with Additional Giveaways!
IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings retailer and my favorite store to spend HOURS in, opened its doors to their first Miami store on Wednesday, August 27, 2014. Customers were able to line up in front of the store 48 hours before the grand opening for their chance to receive a FREE iconic EKTORP sofa and a POANG armchair. Twenty-four hours after the opening, customers had the chance to receive a free queen size mattress and free home delivery for the purchases they made that day.
But the festivities are not quite over!
On Friday, August 29, 2014 the following giveaways will take place…
* Meatballs for a Year- The first 39 adults (one per immediate family) in IKEA Miami will receive a voucher for the equivalent of a weekly meatball meal for a family of four at IKEA Miami’s Restaurant through next year, expiring on August 21, 2015. (Side Note: Their meatballs are EVERYTHING)
* Swedish Food Shopping Spree- The next 100 adults (18 or older) in IKEA Miami will receive an IKEA Food tote bag and a voucher to fill the bag up with whatever they want from IKEA Miami’s Swedish Food Market.
* A Cold Sweet-ish Treat- The first 305 visitors (in honor of Miami’s area code) in IKEA Miami will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day in the Exit Bistro.
* Kids Eat Free- Children 12 and under can eat for free at IKEA Miami
WAIT, THERE’S MORE!!!
* Enter Our Home, Enter to Win- Now until Sunday, August 31st, visitors to IKEA Miami may enter a drawing to win one of ten $450 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program.
* Play Big If You’re Little- Face-painting for kids, caricature artists, music and entertainment will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Miami now until Sunday, September 1st.
If you plan on bringing your children but don’t necessarily want them running around the store and driving you nuts while you shop (hey lets be real here!), IKEA Miami has Smaland which is a supervised children’s play area for kids, 37″-54″ in height, that replicates the look of a typical Swedish farmhouse and forest; additional play areas throughout the store, offering activities for kids shopping with parents; A “Children’s IKEA’ are in the showroom that also offers fun, interactive play!
DONT SHOP ON AN EMPTY STOMACH
-The IKEA Restaurant opens 30 minutes earlier than the store for a full hot breakfast, including scrambled eggs, potatoes and bacon for only 99 cents.
– The 600-seat restaurant also offers lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert, with a diverse menu, including traditional Swedish specialties such as the popular IKEA Swedish meatballs, seafood plates, pasta, chicken, salads, sandwiches, as well as vegetarian dishes too.
-Menu choices for kids include a child’s portion of Swedish meatballs or macaroni and cheese, while baby food and bibs are available for even younger visitors.
-A bistro near the store’s exit serves hot dogs, cinnamon buns, frozen yogurt and beverages.
– The Swedish Foodmarket offers Swedish delicacies, snacks and treats, and even frozen Swedish meatballs (the same delicious ones used in the restaurant) to purchase and then prepare at home.
IKEA Miami is the Swedish company’s 2nd store and restaurant destination in South Florida and 4th in the state of Florida. The 416,000-square-foot IKEA Miami was built on 14.6 acres adjacent to Dolphin Mall, near both the Dolphin Expressway (SR 836) and Florida’s Turnpike, in the City of Sweetwater. Don’t worry about finding parking because they have approximately 1,500 parking spaces available.
The 2015 IKEA Catalog has arrived and it highlights bedrooms and bathrooms and so much more. Copies are available when you make your way down to the all new IKEA Miami.