Hertz Car Rental launches a New On-Site Rental Experience
I’ve been renting from Hertz for about 7 years now and I’m ALWAYS a happy
customer. One of the reasons I became a loyal customer is because of their
fast rental experience. I reserve online using my AAA discount and the pick up
time frame takes me less than 10 minutes. Now, Hertz is rolling out a whole new
On-Site rental experience that I cant wait to try.
In a continued effort to streamline the rental experience and improve the way
consumers rent cars, The Hertz Corporation (NYSE:HTZ) is re-designing,
updating and unveiling its locations worldwide.
The transformed locations are a complete rethinking of what a car rental
location and experience should be as the Company unveils “Road Trip by Hertz”
retail stations located on-site that allows travelers to access everything they would
need for business or leisurely travel. Travelers now enjoy concierge style service
inside Hertz’s facilities with a streamlined rental experience that eliminates the
need to wait in line, have access to an an iPad station for researching local area
information and to recharge their mobile devices, and can make use of printing
and FedEx services on-site which add value to the experience, making it faster
Hertz has started unveiling modernized locations around the globe,
which to-date include its rental facilities at San Diego and Shanghai Airports,
its Marble Arch location in central London and its Melbourne, Australia headquarters,
with more transformations planned for additional airports and neighborhood
locations throughout the year.
The facility makeovers take into consideration the common road trip staples, tools and services typically desired by travelers, and offer the following to help enhance the travel experience:
- Bus Tracking: Working with its leasing company, Donlen, Hertz is piloting new telematics for its busses. With smarter tracking, customers will have access to an app that enables them to see how many minutes until a Hertz bus will be at the terminal for pick up. The system helps bus drivers identify where customers need to be picked up creating a more efficient bussing system and decreasing the amount of fuel used.
- On-Site Retail: Forget something? Customers can visit the on-site “Road Trip by Hertz” retail stations to stock up on food and drinks, and purchase essential road trip and travel supplies—everything from maps and sunscreen to charging cords and beach bags. The updated facilities also carry luggage, clothing and accessories to make their experience a one-stop-shop for both families and the business traveler.
- On-Site Technology Tools: After a long flight, in addition to recharging themselves with a drink or snack, customers can also take a break and recharge their electronic equipment. Additionally, they can interact independently with an iPad station set up to access the latest travel apps, entertain kids with games, and book a Hertz reservation, among other things.
- On-Site Business Tools: Customers can print on-site and access FedEx directly inside the store to send important documents and packages.
- Increased Visibility for Rental Options: New vehicle displays showcase Hertz’s unique and exciting rentals – such as the Hertz Penske GT in the U.S. – that have been added to raise visibility of the company’s expanding fleet options among customers, a further connect with car lovers.
- Sustainability Leadership – The facility transformations also adhere to the company’s commitment to global sustainability best practices